I wholeheartedly reject Satan; all his thoughts, all his words, all his actions, all his plans, all his promises, all of his will, all of his past, all of his present work, all of his future work, all of his demons, all of his sins, all of his hidden work, and all of his kingdom in this fallen world. I oppose Satan in all that he is; I oppose his kingdom in all its respects and all its manifestations. I stand up for the Lord Jesus Christ and vow to do all I can to destroy his kingdom and its impotent message. I believe Satan and his demons and the human “never-converted” reprobates will never be forgiven and will not be acquitted on the last day by Christ’s choice alone but justly condemned and judged and cast into outer darkness forevermore for God has ordained whatsoever comes to pass. May the Triune Lord grant me victory over Satan and his kingdom, and bring defeat and humiliation to Satan, crush his pride, smite his darkness, his messengers and his human supporters in whatever shape they take but saves all that You know are Yours. May God grant me to destroy his kingdom by and through the proclamation of his blessed gospel and His Word of truth and grace by His Holy Spirit! Bring the greatest glory to Yourself, Holy Trinity! It is my pray that You, Holy Trinity, will work through me, a worthless vessel, to begin a new great reformation though You, Holy Trinity, do not need me though You, Blessed Trinity, choose to use me according to what seems good to You, Holy Trinity: not from evil Gomes, unblessed popes, Satan, demons or the reprobate in general, but from, You alone, Holy Trinity! Grant it for a spiritual 1000 years for a Gospel-awakening; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
1. Thou shalt not believe that faith precedes regeneration (being born again), because the Lord your God has plainly revealed from the treasures of heaven in His holy Word itself that sovereign regeneration by the Spirit of God and the Word of God produces faith, and it produces, enables and creates a true, genuine and fruitful saving faith. Hear O City of Destruction the Lord your God makes His elect ones willing (but He does not force or do violence to the creature) to fly to the saving Arms of the Almighty Christ at the Cross. The Lord your God forbids that people should believe, embrace or accept that man has a free will in the sense that he can choose what is spiritually good (i.e., The Gospel). Have you not read that Christ said “I have chosen you and you have not chosen me…?” Hear O people of His pasture, the Lord your God clearly testifies that there is nothing pleasing or good in man to avail to eternal salvation. The Lord your God forbids people to embrace an alleged “faith and repentance” from your own strength. Commit thyself to the giving of the all-acceptable way of giving the most, highest and greatest glory, praise and thanks to the Almighty Trinity in His all-righteous choice in the making alive His people, and sinners are spiritually dead in trespasses and sins: (a dead corpse is not physically alive, and in the same way, man is not spiritually alive but dead). The Lord your God forbids any to say “I believe based on my free-will” but rather boldly say “I believe only because I have been born again.” Do not say “I believe because of my free-will and the Holy Spirit” or “I believe because of cooperative grace” but rather say “I believe because of monergistic regeneration (being made alive) by God the Holy Spirit” or “I believe because God made me born again.” The Lord your God forbids any to deny that God alone saves in salvation. The Lord your God says being born again is not a cooperative achievement: salvation is not man’s achievement but God’s achievement alone in totality. This is why we boast of God not our ourselves. God sings over us because of His work in and through us. The Lord your God says plainly in His Word that true, contrite and lasting faithful repentance to the true God of the Bible is the evidence of being made alive to bear a love of good, not the cause of being made alive.
2. Thou shalt not deny the exclusivity of the Lord Jesus Christ, because He is the only name under heaven whereby men must be saved, and furthermore the Lord your God denies salvation through any religious men of old and to come. Hear O graceless humanity, understand, that if someone does not place their personal trust in the divine, all-pleasing Only Beloved Son as the only eternal self-existent God-man, there is no hope of eternal redemption. The Lord your God is well-pleased only in the all-sufficient Lord Jesus Christ, and do not embrace any form of modified universalism as John Paul II believed in teaching modified universalism in Crossing The Threshold of Hope. Hear, O people of the land, do not submit to the religious hypocrisy, doctrinal tyranny and the imaginations of men concerning the Vatican in Rome. It is wiser and better to submit your soul to the anchor of Divine Scripture alone then to submit one’s soul to the spiritual fraud of Romanism. Hear, O ye people, the Lord your God also warns you with a great word of caution: do not lose your identity of the Reformed Faith as a Christian, Protestant believer: that is, many kiss the ring of the Pope by ecumenical dealings. Where are Luther’s Lutherans? They have compromised and kissed the ring. The Lord your God forbids any to submit to the Popes at Rome, or any lesser status, for the Reformers of old rejected the position of the Pope as that antichrist (i.e., The London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689). Beware of the leaven (the teaching) of the Popes, councils, and other various false teachers, theologians and apologists. As Christ was rejected by the opposing Jewish leadership of His day, so, too, was Hus and Luther rejected by the opposing Roman leadership of their day.
3. Thou shalt not believe in Tritheism (three separate gods), Unitarianism (the Father alone is God), Polytheism (many gods), and Modalism (denying the distinctions of the Three Persons): believe ye, therefore, embrace, and cherish in the undying love of the belief in the Triune Majesty (God is one in essence, three in person). The Lord your God forbids you to think that the Trinitarian teaching about God is a matter of personal preference. The Lord your God forbids the denial of belief in the Father (neither preceding nor begotten), the Son (the only begotten God), and the Spirit (who preceeds from the Father and the Son). Commit thyself to the Athanasian Creed (a subordinate standard to Divine Scripture) that speaks of the divine truth of the Holy and Blessed Trinity (the Triune God exists from everlasting to everlasting). Therefore the Father is the First Person of the Trinity, the Son is the God-man (two natures: human and divine in one Person: Christ: The Lord your God forbids you to believe that Christ is a mere man or merely a great man (Atheistic Religion), that Jesus is not the Messiah (Judaism), that Christ must have your cooperation before saving you (Arminianism), a holy prophet of Allah (Muslims), an exalted angel (Jehovah’s Witnesses), the spirit-brother of Lucifer (Mormonism), or adding to Christ baptismal regeneration, purgatory, the sacraments, the intercession of the saints and the treasury of merit (Romanism). The Almighty King is the Second Person of the Trinity, and the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity. Hear all the earth, each divine Person is co-equal, co-essential and co-eternal in deity, power and glory. Believe the Trinity in Unity and the Unity in Trinity, and yet, do not be deceived, false religions (i.e., Romanism) deny the true Gospel yet teaches the Trinity. The Lord your God forbids His people to worship with the Romanists (or like-minded “believers”) because the Gospel of the Almighty Trinity in Divine Scripture (Romans 4:1-8; 4:22-25) is denied, rejected and accursed in accord with the Council of Trent expressed herein (it stands to this day but perhaps a black pope may reverse it?). The Lord your God testified in the writings of Paul that any Gospel contrary to his preaching in God’s Almighty Word must be accursed (i.e., Romanism). Hear, ye people, it is not necessary to believe the Marian dogmas of Rome, for they are the imaginations of men, traditions of men based in foolishness, and they are not necessary for belief in the Gospel of Christ in Divine Scripture alone.
4. Thou shalt not distort the Gospel with the imaginations of men, including denying that justification is by faith alone in Christ alone from grace alone based on Scripture alone. The Lord your God does not accept that justification is by faith and works, but a faith without works is dead. O chief sinners of the Earth, understand, that our good works do not add to the only all-acceptable merit of Christ alone, but they do show their changed and regenerated heart to seek to please the Almighty Trinity, for God’s elect sheep were ordained beforehand to walk in them with all humility, devotion and reverence before God motivated by His Almighty, all-sufficient and all-powerful grace in the all-powerful Word.
5. Thou shalt not deny the superlative holiness of the Almighty Three In One, because without the holiness of God, sinners would not have the Surety in His Word and in Christ, about the promise of His divine, heavenly and true salvation solely in Christ. The Lord your God is holy; O sinners of the Earth do not believe you are good in anyway, because in comparison to God you are infinitely worse then you suppose, and man is utterly incapable of availing goodness before a holy and just God. It is not right to be happy in sin but rather it is better to be miserable and mourn over sin because God is a God of awesome holiness. The Lord your God says that the only proper response to God’s holiness is true, contrite and faithful repentance to the true God of Jesus Christ in the Bible alone. Therefore O sinners, live your life in light of God’s holiness not in light of man’s nature. The Lord your God teaches in His Word that God’s wrath is accomplished from His holiness, righteousness and perfection. Those who have the abiding wrath of God upon them have no regard for the true understanding of the holiness of God in His holy Word, and are devoid of the true personal, belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. Understand this truth, ye people, that God would not be truly good if He was not holy, and nor would God be truly good if He did not exercise wrath against the sin of man.
6. Thou shalt not deny the doctrine of the substitutionary atonement (His highest act of obedience) and particular redemption of the Lord Jesus Christ, but submit to His holy Word, and believe it with great love, devotion and commitment. Hear, O sinners of our lands, understand, that without the all-wisdom of God in repenting in accordance with Christ crucified, there would truly be no hope in the least. Cherish ye people this divine truth above any scheme of man (Romanism, and Greek Orthodoxy). The Lord your God teaches in His Word that it is an ever-surprising thing to be under the mercy of God in Christ, and yet, it is should not be shocking that all without personal belief in Christ are under the abiding wrath of Almighty God. The Lord your God rejects the abominable Roman Mass (and like-minded interpretations) as a stench in His nostrils, because the Mass is without the shedding of blood, and therefore, the Scriptures speak plainly, that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. Commit thyself unto the special remembrance of Christ’s all-acceptable and all-atoning death in the place of His chosen people in taking part in the Lord’s Supper (Communion). Communion is the remembrance of the Lord’s willful all-precious sacrifice, but the Communion itself never avails as an atonement for sin, nor does it continue on as an offering, but a thankful remembrance of His most precious death of the Most High Christ. The Lord your God forbids anyone to accept or take part in the belief or practice of the Roman Mass, but to firmly embrace the all-true work of Christ applied to the elect of God by the Sovereign Spirit will be perfected in heaven as glorified saints, and those who have His all-pleasing, justifying righteousness from His atonement will never be lost though there is remaining corruption, and furthermore, the sins of all of the elect of God are wholly (past, present and future) placed on Christ alone. The Lord your God forbids any to deny the bodily resurrection and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ from His Divine Word, and His matchless resurrection verifies His saving atonement for the sin of His people, and He ascended from His own power in triumphant victory in accord with the Father’s will. Therefore remember His body in His free death on the Cross for His people at Communion, for only it (His actual atonement) avails before God as a sweet, smelling aroma, well-pleasing to God the Father. The Lord your God forbids God’s people to accept the Roman belief that the Virgin Mary suffered redemptively for God’s elect sheep. Surely she suffered in emotional, mental and physical agony to see her Precious Son suffer so greatly at the Cross. But the Lord your God of Jesus Christ points you to His Only All-Acceptable Son not to His mother; the Well-pleased Son of the Father bore the debt of His precious people. Remember this blessed, true hope, that in glory His people will wear the all-sweet robes of Christ’s perfect righteousness where no sin will ever threaten the all-peace, all-unity and all-purity of the Eternal City.
7. Thou shalt not deny that complete unworthiness of man in the divine teaching of the total inability, and total depravity of mankind. The Lord your God declares that Christ alone has the complete worthiness in and of Himself that solely avails before God the Father, and furthermore no other alleged “merit” or “righteousness” of a sinner, saint or angel avails before God the Father. O fallen humanity, understand, that all righteousness of sinners is completely under the condemnation of God, and it does not avail before God the Father as acceptable, but it is soiled, tainted and mingled with infinite sin in the sight of Almighty God.
8. Thou shalt not deny the only all-acceptable, imputed, all-sufficient, all-meritorious life and death of the God-man (that is, His unified righteousness in the passive and active obedience of Christ the King); and His all-pure and all-sinless righteousness of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Lamb of God. The Lord your God declares that the gift of righteousness of the Incarnate Substitute is received by empty hands of the true, living and authentic faith alone.
9. Thou shalt not believe in a repentance of attrition (that is, because of the threat of punishment), because it is not acceptable before God, for only contrite repentance is acceptable before a holy and just God. The Lord your God forbids anyone to pretend “repentance” unto the true God, or even a false God, or actually and sincerely repent to a false God, and claim “It is the God of Divine Scripture.” Furthermore, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Christ forbids anyone to “prayer a pray of intercession” to the Virgin Mary, saints or even unto angels, because the Lord your God is all-sufficient, and God the Father, the Ancient of Days, willingly provides His chosen few with the perfect, unfailing, undying, and only acceptable intercession: the Incarnate Intercessor, Jesus Christ the King of Israel (it is forbidden by the Divine Writ that we should think of the Virgin Mary as some sort of “go-between” between Christ and the sinner). Hear O men of depravity, understand, that the Bible forbids making excuses in repentance (that is, embrace a no excuse repentance), and only commit one’s self to general repentance; yet, general repentance is acceptable before God, covering your whole life, but it does not end there; therefore, He also forbids the neglect of on-going particular repentance. Therefore O unworthy people, commit thyself to a committed, devoted and fervent repentance, bearing fruit in forsaking all various sins of corruption: do not engage thyself in reckless and intentional sin of the same sort, yet, struggling with sin is commonplace for godly people, but it should never be an excuse to sin more with license. Remember, chosen people of the Lord, true Christians, have freedom from sin because of Christ but not freedom to sin: do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil. The wicked one, ye people, advises sinning with license against a holy and just God, and claiming “God gives more grace.” The Lord your God forbids this abominable teaching, but approves and commands the way of humility to abound in the Almighty grace of God.
10. Thou shalt not deny unconditional election and the preservation (or perseverance) of the saints, because God has chosen His people without the foreseen act of faith and repentance (that is, God does not chose His people on that basis), and He freely chose in and of Himself solely according to His good pleasure to save His people before the foundation of the world in eternity passed, and upon that perfect, sovereign, only acceptable basis of His all-acceptable choice in righteousness, truth and perfection, do men in time and space only at the all-acceptable appointed time according to and with what seems good to God alone, have a continual, lasting, non-reckless and enduring faith and repentance, and never shall it fail though storms, and floods come, and though the cruelty of Satan and demons abound, and the relentless, cowardice attacks of the “Almighty” reprobate flourish and beasts assail, Christ the Everlasting Sovereign, keeps His own for all time and forevermore for the praise of His glorious grace, mercy, lovingkindness and compassion. God, ye people, knows better than any, why He chooses person C over person B, but we do not know why He chose His people in the first place. The Lord your God teaches that the choice of God in electing poor, helpless and defiled sinners, is always unto holiness, and never unto wickedness, sin, transgression or iniquity, and God thereby preserves all of the elect from every tribe, tongue, people and nation without failure of true, genuine and established faith.
Amen and amen.
Submit thyself to the Word of God alone but be faithful in the teaching of the Divine Word. The truth of God’s Scripture is plainly seen in the treasures of the Word. Remain committed to the Scriptural truth of doctrinal integrity in Reformed Theology revealed in the Blessed Word. Do not be carried away with every wind of doctrine, but be centered upon, and live your life according to, the power, purity and perpetuity (clearness) of God’s Word in the undestroyable Book. Here is a lessen: do not become unsatisfied with God’s precious truth. You do not need the imaginations of men to satisfy your heart. Rather, you need the divine artifact of history: the Word of God and the Spirit of God. Reformed Orthodox doctrine is more valuable then the greatest gem, silver or gold, and even life itself. May you be blessed by God’s Almighty grace to prosper in knowledge and humility to please the Almighty will of God the Holy Trinity!
Bachelors of Divinity in Reformed Theology
We have briefly seen the evidence for the very bodily resurrection of Christ. In a merely brief fashion the bodily resurrection of Christ is established and supported. Now we turn to this: faith and repentance. If the resurrection is true, which I believe has been proven; will you not do what God says? The Jesus of faith is the Jesus of history. It is true whether you believe it or not. I pray that this presentation will encourage you to repent. What does God say? Here we have an eternal treasure of eternal importance. In God’s divine Word we see, God commands all people to repent and believe the gospel. This is no mere human invention. Rather, this is the eternal message of the Eternal Incarnate King. The Incarnate One commands allegiance to Himself. Will He have your allegiance?
So I ask you, have you repented of your sinful life? Have you repented of past sins in a particular fashion? Do you faithfully repent of past sins? Have you repented of your total depravity for all the days of your life? What about when you had no spiritual understanding, fear of God or faith and repentance? When people begin to repent there is the temptation to merely repent of general things only and to omit repentance of specific sins. God commands all people to repent. Surrender to God and ask Him to reveal to you your sin, so you may repent. Search your life and locate sin to repent. For every sin you have committed is reason to repent. Repentance is turning from sin to God through Christ crucified in acknowledging your sin, forsaking your sin and asking for forgiveness for your sin. God does not invite people to repent. Rather, He commands them to repent. Repentance is not something that is optional. Rather, it is a divine command. The consequence of the lack of faithful repentance is God’s wrath, misery and ultimately eternal torment. People that do not repent will be placed in hell.
The Christian Bible is clear regarding faithful repentance: Christ preached the command of repentance: “From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “…Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matt. 4:17 NASB). Christ denounced the cities which did not repent: “Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent” (Matt. 11:20 NASB). Christ sent out the twelve apostles to spread the message of repentance: “They went out and preached that men should repent” (Mark 6:12 NASB). John the Baptist commanded: “Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance…” (Luke 3:8 NASB). Christ calls people to repent: “I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32 NASB). Christ commands repentance, or perish:
Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. And Jesus said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? “I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. “Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem? “I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish (Luke 13:1-5 NASB).
Christ proclaims there is joy in heaven over one sinner who repents: “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance” (Luke 15:7 NASB). There is joy in the presence of the angels over one sinner who repents: “In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10 NASB). God has granted Gentiles repentance unto life: “When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18 NASB). God commands all people to repent: “Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent…” (Acts 17:30 NKJV). The command of repentance extends to Jewish and Gentile people: “…solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ” (Acts 20:21 NASB). God’s kindness leads His people to repentance: “Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?” (Rom. 2:4 NASB). Therefore, hearken to the gospel command of the Incarnate Son of Man.
My prayer is that you repent and believe the gospel. May God alone be glorified, honored and magnified in the Christian’s faith and repentance in allegiance to the true, all-sufficient, Incarnate Living King. For the Christian; may we stand in hope of our resurrection!
How calm and beautiful the morn that gilds and sacred tomb, where Christ the crucified was borne, and veiled in midnight gloom! O weep no more the Savior slain; the Lord is risen; he live again. Ye mourning saints, dry every tear for your departed Lord; behold the place, he is not here, the tomb is all unbarred; the gates of death were closed in vain: the Lord is risen; he lives again. Now cheerful to the house of prayer Your early footsteps bend; the Savior will himself be there, Your Advocate and Friend: once by the law your hopes were slain, but now in Christ ye lives again. How tranquil now the rising day! Tis Jesus still appears, a risen Lord to chase away Your unbelieving fears: O weep no more your comforts slain; The Lord is risen; he lives again. And when the shades of evening fall, when life’s last hour draws nigh, if Jesus shine up on the soul, how blissful then to die! Since he has risen that once was slain, ye die in Christ to live again. Amen. (TH, 209).
By M.A. Petillo
Doctor of Theology
…repent and believe in the gospel… (Mark 1:15 NASB).
We must understand that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone based upon Scripture alone for God’s glory alone. The Christian Bible teaches the true gospel. It is essential to believe the true gospel of the Bible. Do not turn and believe a different gospel. Rather, believe the gospel of the Bible (Gal. 1:6-10). This tract is about your desperate need for the gospel.
First, are you born again? God must give you a new heart in order for you to believe: “Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh” (Ez. 36:26 NASB). Only God makes someone born again. God does not save from obligation. Rather He saves voluntarily in graciousness. Have you experienced the work of the Spirit (2 Tim. 1:9)? Have you been convinced of your sin and misery (Acts 2:37)? Have you been enlightened in your mind of the knowledge of Christ (Acts 26:18)? Have you been persuaded and enabled by God the Holy Spirit to embrace the gospel (John 6:44-45)? If you desire God to change your heart of stone, listen or read the Word of God daily (i.e., start off with the Gospel of Luke), and hear the Word preached. Ask God in your prayer closet to change your heart (John 3). Have you been chosen by God (Rom. 9:11-13)?
Second, do you believe that God is holy? God is perfect, good and holy. He does not tolerate sin (Is. 6:2-3). Therefore, we are not like Him, and He is not like man that He should sin.
Third, have you believed that you are a totally depraved sinner, and that nothing you do in the flesh can please God? “…as it is written, “THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE…” (Rom. 3:10-12 NASB). “…and those who are in the flesh cannot please God” (Rom. 8:8 NASB). Even though mankind is totally depraved and totally unable, mankind still has total accountability. Do you have a profound hatred regarding your sin nature? In order for you to become able, your heart must be changed by God the Spirit and the written Word of God in being born again.
Fourth, since you are a sinner without righteousness that avails before God, do you see the need for the unified righteousness of Another, that is, Christ? “But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed…” (Rom 3:21-25 NASB). “…But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works…” (Rom. 4:5-6 NASB). Only the righteousness of Christ avails before God the Father: “…and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith…” (Phil. 3:9 NASB). On the last day, will you stand in your sinful righteousness (that which will not avail before God the Father), or will you be found to be in Christ, standing in the righteousness of Christ alone?
Fifth, do you have the evidences of being born again? The fruits of being born again are faith and repentance. A person cannot have faith without repentance and a person cannot have repentance without faith. Have you placed your trust in Christ, and have you repented of past particular sins? You must place your faith in Christ, and what He has done regarding living a perfect life and atoning for sin. Understand that if you repent and believe in the divine Christ; faithful repentance does not end but rather it is a life-long priority. The sin of God’s people was punished on Christ on the cross. He satisfied divine justice in the place of His people. He appeased the wrath of God the Father. He saved His people from sin, misery and eternal hell. The people without Christ are under God’s wrath, and their sin will be punished in hell if they do not come to Christ. The inspired Word calls people to repent: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matt. 3:2 NASB). Have you bore fruits consistent with repentance (Matt. 3:8)? Evidence of being born again is following the gospel: “…repent and believe in the gospel” (Mark 1:15 NASB). Christ calls sinners to repentance: “I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32 NASB). If you do not repent, you will perish: “I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:5 NASB). Therefore “…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house” (Acts 16:31 KJV). And “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19 KJV).
Sixth, have you believed that Christ alone is sufficient for how you are declared righteous before God? The Bible teaches that Christ is wholly sufficient for the basis for how a person is declared righteous (but not made righteous) before God (Rom. 3:28; Gal. 2:16). It is a judicial edict of God. Justification (that is, declared righteous before God) is not a process but an event. After justification other changes will occur. In justification the standing of the sinner is changed, freed from the charge of guilt and the complete righteousness of Christ is transferred to the sinner’s account. It is Christ plus nothing else that forms the grounds of justification. He alone is the all-sufficient Savior Who took the place of His people. Christ said “It is finished” on the cross (John 19:30). It literally means “paid in full.” Therefore Christ is enough. It is not by our works but by faith alone (from a changed heart): “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Eph. 2:8-9 NASB). It is not by works of righteousness at all: “He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit…” (Titus 3:5 NASB). It is of Him alone Who calls: “…for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls…” (Rom. 9:11 NASB). It is Christ Who finds His own, because He first loved His people: “We love, because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19 NASB). Ask for forgiveness for sin and guilt to God the Father through Christ crucified (that is, repentance unto remission). Go to Christ. Come to Him and beg for His mercy. Additionally, repent of your total depravity for all the days of your life.
Seventh, have you trusted the true Jesus of the Bible? Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man; two natures in one person. God the Son took upon flesh: “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us…” (John 1:14 NASB). Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity (Matt. 28:19), and He is the eternal Son of God. He declared: “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins” (John 8:24 NASB). Jesus refers to Himself as the Great I AM. This is a clear indication of His deity as the divine Son of God Who bodily rose from the dead (see John 20:24-29). To have true life in Christ, one must believe the true Jesus of Scripture. Jesus Christ is the only Son of the Father. It has been ordained that Christ alone is the only way to God. Do you trust Christ alone?
Eighth, have you trusted God the Father and God the Spirit? Trust God the Father: “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life” (John 5:24 NASB). The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is a divine Person (see Acts 5:1-4). God’s people know the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-18). Therefore, God is one in unity, being and essence, but three in person: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (see Matt. 28:19; Deut. 6:4). Without the Holy Trinity (the one true God) there would be no creation, providence or salvation.
Ninth, when is it the time for people to repent and believe the gospel? The Bible declares the time is now: “…Behold, now is “THE ACCEPTABLE TIME,” behold, now is “THE DAY OF SALVATION…” (2 Cor. 6:2 NASB). God does not invite people to repent. Rather He commands them. Hearken to the gospel command: “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent…” (Acts 17:30 NKJV). So therefore I ask as Moses did, “…Who is on the LORD’s side?…” (Ex. 32:26 KJV). In Matthew 11, Christ preformed miracles in places where they did not repent. Christ denounced them as damned people. He refers to the reprobates who would have believed if He preformed the miracles He did in certain places in His earthly ministry. Christ in His divine all-knowingness knew what would have happened. He refers to the past reprobates so people would be convicted and converted. Do not be like the reprobate who did not repent. Sinners were damned with less light then you have. Beware, repent and believe the gospel. It is your responsibility to repent.
Tenth, if you have truly believed, now what? The destination of a Christian is heaven. What we do now counts for eternality. God created His people to do good works (Eph. 2:10), but these works do not save at all in how a person is declared righteous before God. People are to do good works to show their faith. It is a true, lasting and living faith but not a dead, fruitless and reckless faith. If a person is truly born again, he will truly preserve unto the very end. After someone is declared righteous before God, he must grow in grace through a process. Out of love for Christ we must follow His commandments (1 John 5:3), and seek to please Him (1 John 3:22). Do not use your freedom for evil (1 Pet. 2:16) or God will judge you. Regarding Christian discipline, begin (or build up to) a daily private 30-minute Bible study. Daily mediate and memorize His Word. Finally, join a Reformed (Calvinistic) church and get involved in the things of God (Heb. 10:25). “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock” (Matt. 7:24-25 NASB). Are you the wise person who will put into practice what King Jesus has declared? My prayer for you is to believe the God of the Bible for God’s glory. Poor sinner, may you believe the gospel and ask for forgiveness to God, and do what God rightly commands.